The main role of MicLU is to provide planning for good access at Lund University to advanced equipment and methods in microscopy and microscopic analysis.
The Microscopy Community at Lund University (MiCLU) is promoting imaging, including correlative 3D imaging with microscopy and microscopic analysis at Lund University. The main role of MiCLU is to provide planning for good access at Lund University to advanced equipment and methods in microscopy and microscopic analysis. MicLU coordinate skills and other resources for imaging with microscopy and related image analysis in all fields at Lund University, e.g. soft matter, hard materials, life sciences, condensed matter.
More specifically MicLU has the following tasks:
1. To be an advisory body to the Vice Chancellor and Faculty Deans at Lund University
2. To co-ordinate existing infrastructure, aiming at efficient use and maximal availability
3. To monitor, on a yearly basis, the current needs, and suggest actions for maintaining state-of-the-art facilities
4. To follow the technological development and plan for emerging and future infrastructure needs
5. To co-ordinate initiatives for applications to external funding bodies
6. To when needed act as a Lund University node for national infrastructure
7. To work for coordination and synergism between imaging resources at LU, MAX IV and ESS as well as other regional and national infrastructures
Kajsa M. Paulsson:
kajsa_m [dot] paulsson [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se