LBIC and WCMM acquired a Zeiss Cell Discoverer 7 automated microscope for live cell imaging and hosted a workshop organized by Zeiss on the 12th February.
CIPA planning meeting 14.00 15th of January. Are you interested to join for a discussion about CIPA needs and resources at LU? Please contact kajsa_m [dot] paulsson [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se
NEUBIAS training schools (TS10 & TS11), Luxembourg, February 2019. registrations open until 15th November 2018
22nd of November, IVIS SpectrumCT 3D imaging for longitudinal studies, speaker Dr Jörg Hamm, Field Application Scientist Europe, PerkinElmer
10:00-11:30 at Medicon Village, House 406, Bioforum
One day symposium in cancer imaging the 29th of November, for more info
Correlative Image Processing and Analysis (CIPA) was granted 2X 1,500,000 SEK for 2019 and 2020 from LU central level infrastructure funding. If you have ideas of areas within CIPA to prioritize please contact Kajsa M. Paulsson.
Workshop 7th of Dec. in Stockholm: Sweden in Euro-Bioimaging, to register go to this link
Interested in cryo-EM? Three dates to note:
6th of Nov. Marta Carroni from SciLifeLab will present SciLifeLab cryo-EM at MAX IV. Building and operation of the cryo-EM Swedish National Facility, Tuesday, November 6th 2018, 14:00 – 15:30, MAX IV Laboratory, 4th floor MAX III room.
19-21st of Nov. ISB LINXS symposium including a talk by Marta Carroni.
21st of Nov. FoM Life Science infrastructure seminar and fair at BMC with talks from, among others, Marta Carroni, Reine Wallenberg and Stacey Sørensen.
As part of MicLUs work, a survey to investigate the needs and capabilities regarding microscopy as well as image processing and analysis at Lund University has been created. The survey will only take about 5 minutes to fill in and with extended deadline is now open until 2018-10-15.
Electron microscopy for life scientists, free of charge for PhD students from LU.
The course gives an introduction to both SEM TEM. A major part of the course consists of practical work on preparing and imaging the attendant’s own material. More info here
- Workshop on Advanced Microscopy for Life Sciences 25th to 27th of Sep., arranged in Lund by National Microscopy Infrastructure (NMI) Sweden (nmisweden.se).
- August 30th: Open seminar Chemical insights into the origins of our solar system and ancient stars through atomic-scale studies of planetary materials by Dr Tom Zega, University of Arizona, Lecture hall KC:G, Kemi centrum C
- September 12th National Microscopy Infrastructure (NMI) Sweden (nmisweden.se) organized a clearing/expansion sample preparation symposium. More info, see link.
- September 13th National Microscopy Infrastructure (NMI) Sweden (nmisweden.se) organized a hands-on course – see link.
- ARTiS 2018. Do you have a cool microscopy picture? Join the contest on ART and SCIENCE at the University of Copenhagen. The picture exhibition organised last year got ca. 3500 visitors in ca. 4 hours, and many more on the website. More info .
- 25-28 June 2018 the 69th Annual Conference of the Nordic Microscopy Society (SCANDEM2018) - an interdisciplinary forum for electron microscopy. Venue: Technical University of Denmark. http://scandem2018.com
- Workshop "Superresolution Techniques - From Labeling to Images” in Lund, 28-29 MAY 2018. It covers a wide range of topics within super-resolution optical microscopy, for the beginner as well as for the expert. Note that 20 free spots are reserved for undergraduate students. For further details and registration please refer to website https://suptechs.org/
- In the past 40 years, a number of experimental techniques (electron, photon, or scanning probe based), as well as theoretical methods, have been refined and adapted to allow operando studies. The TAILOR workshop aims at bringing together excellent scientists from those different communities, in an effort to promote exchange, communication and collaboration around this central idea: Studying well defined surfaces and interfaces under operando conditions. More information on http://tailor18.sljus.lu.se
- Would you like to use the SciLifeLab facility for cryo-electron microscopy? Lotta Happonen at LU compose an application for access to SciLifeLab’s facility for cryo-electron microscopy in Stockholm over a one-year period. More info contact lotta [dot] happonen [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se
- Inauguration of a new Environmental Transmission Electron Microscope, the 12-13 April at the national Center for High-Resolution Electron Microscopy and celebrations of 75 years of electron microscopy in Sweden . Reine Wallenberg and Kimberly Dick Thelander
- Take the chance to apply from central level of LU for infrastructure funding!
- Imaging of 3D structures Research School 2018! Now with extended program for projects with mentors!
(http://www.imagingresearch.lu.se for program)
- Workshop on X-ray fluorescence imaging
15 February, a one-day workshop on X-ray fluorescence imaging organized by LINXS.
- Lund University inventory of infrastructure / configuration of a LUCRIS infrastructure module.
- 18-19th of December, LINXS - Imaging Theme symposium. For further details and registration for the event click here.
- Nobel Prize Laureate in Chemistry 2017 Jacques Dubochet, University of Lausanne, Switzerland gave a public lecture at Lund University: “The science that gave me a Nobel Prize and the science that didn't”, Thursday December 14th), organized by the Chemical Society in Lund. Click here for more information.
To celebrate the Nobel prize in chemistry there was an international cryo-EM symposium in Stockholm on 9 December. More info at: http://www.mmk.su.se/cryo-em-symsposium
- Imaging workshop on ‘Cancer imaging in animals’ at Medicon Village, Lund University on the 7th of December. More info here
- INSTRUCT organized a course on image processing and cloud machines including EM software. Online registration is open from 1 – 30 November, 2017.
- Cryo-EM image processing course at SciLifeLab 2017-12-04 - 2017-12-08! More information
- Imaging, processing and analysis - a need to lift to VR! For more information and how to contribute please contact your faculty SB member or Kajsa_M [dot] Paulsson [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se
- Scanning Electron Microscope Quanta 200 MK2 with EDAX and carbon coater with pumping system need a new home! The instrument is at present at Sigma Connectivity. For more information contact Kajsa_M [dot] Paulsson [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se
- 2017 years Advanced Microscopy Workshop Talks on imaging pursued with Light sheet, AIRY scan, SIM, PALM/STORM, as well as FCS and STED organized by the BioImaging Facilities at SciLifeLab and ZEISS.
- "Microscopy at Lund University" - a full day of microscopy talks organized by ADMIRE http://www.admire.lu.se For more information contact maria [dot] messing [at] ftf [dot] lth [dot] se
- ICTMS 2017 - 3rd International Conference on Tomography of Materials and Structures, Lund, Sweden, 26th – 30th June 2017 http://ictms2017.lth.se/program/
- SCANDEM - Annual Conference of the Nordic Microscopy Society, Reykjavik Iceland, June 5-9, 2017
- April 3rd to 31st of May: The seminar series "Microscopy and Imaging in Lund" organized by ADMIRE. For more information see or contact Andras Schaefer, andreas [dot] schaefer [at] sljus [dot] lu [dot] se">andreas [dot] schaefer [at] sljus [dot] lu [dot] se
- MoReLife seminar with SciLifeLab and LU infrastructure session
March 29th 2017
The 29th of March there was a MoReLife day at Chemistry Centrum with the afternoon including presentation of the new national Cryo-EM facility and the national light microscopy for bioimaging, and at the local level the LU Cryo-EM at nCHREM (KILU) and STED at Lund University.
- Workshop: Make use of MAX IV in your research. March 8-9(-10) 2017, Uppsala.
Imaging of 3D research school imagingresearch, MoReLife http://www.med.lu.se/morelife and Imaging for Life asg-imaging-for-life
More info .
Fore more information see: https://www.maxiv.lu.se/news/make-use-of-max-iv-in-your-research/
- 1st of March 2017, Wednesday a seminar in k-space (Division of Solid State Physics at Lund University) entitled "STED microscopy of cardiac membrane nanodomains” by Elke Hebisch.
SciLifeLab Basic Course in SEM and TEM – 1 ECTS 2017-01-31 - 2017-02-02. Introduction to EM methods, including lectures, laboratory demonstrations and electron microscopy operation demonstrations.
- 3D Image Analysis workshop in Segerfalkssalen BMC the 12th of December arranged by ELETTRA imaging
One day workshop in sample prep. for advanced fluoresence microscopy, Solna 8th of December, arranged by SciLifeLab and Bruker, more info on sample-preparation-in-advance-fluorescence-microscopy-2/ or contact hblom [at] kth [dot] se">hblom [at] kth [dot] se.
- Half day workshop "Biomedical imaging with Synchrotron Radiation: the experience at the SYRMEP beamline of Elettra" with a seminar by Guilliana Tromba from Elettra synchrotron, Trieste, Italy, 10.00-12.00 Friday the 2nd of December at the Pufendorf institute Arranged by Imaging of 3D research school imagingresearch, and Imaging for Life asg-imaging-for-life, and MoReLife http://www.med.lu.se/morelife<
For more info http://en-pi.prodwebb.lu.se/event/imaging-at-elettra.
- Imaging of 3D structures 2017 - time to apply! Are you a post doc or PhD student and want to know more about imaging of different types, image analysis and sample preparation? Do you want to join a network with cutting-edge expertise in a wide range of complimentary areas relevant for imaging? Do you want to know more about what can be done at MAX IV and ESS? Then you should take the chance and apply to join the research school "Imaging of 3D structures"! For more information and link to application go to imagingresearch.lu.se
Preclinical Imaging (3 ECTS), during fall 2016 at Lund University Bioimaging Center, LBIC. For more information and pre-registration go to preclinical imaging
- Annual meeting of MAX4ESSFUN http://max4essfun.ku.dk 2016, the 6-7th of October, Lund Ideon Elite hotel, program at link.
- Novel imaging modalities for biomedical research
Professor Marian Cholewa from the University of Rzeszow, Rzeszow, Poland a lecture the 28th of June at 9:30 in the Belfrage lecture hall at BMC D15.
- SciLifeLab super-resolution course May 2016
- 25th of May 2016 SciLifeLab super-resolution symposium
- Bridging Nordic Imaging
14-15th of April 2016
- 2-3 December 2015
"1st Imaging for Life" at Lund University
- 2 June 2015
SciLifeLab-symposium in superresolution microscopy
- Super-Resolution fluorescence microscopy (3 Hp, SK3514)
- 20 May 2015
All Swedish Bioimaging members are invited to the 6th National Meeting that will take place in Lund, May 20th, 2015.
More information on http://www.bioimaging.se/events-courses/46/6th-annual-swedish-bioimaging-national-meeting-lund/
19 March 2015
- Imaging and nano-biotechnoglogy: Nanonmedicine and Nanobiophotonics for Healthcare
On 19th of March, Prof. Paras N. Prasad from the State University of New York at Buffalo gave a lecture on "Nanomedicine and Nanobiophotonics for Healthcare" 15:00 at the Hall F of Kemicentrum.
- 11 March 2015
"Realising the full potential of electron cryo-microscopy in structural biology"
Lilla Frescativägen 4A, Stockholm
- Open lecture by Richard Henderson, MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge Biomedical Campus, Cambridge, UK.